Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. General - A booking should not be considered firm until you have the confirmation of booking from the booking officer. The Hirer must be aged 18 or over, undertake to be in charge of the Hall and supervise the event to comply with conditions of hire.Where an organisation is mentioned with the Hirer’s name, that organisation shall also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly or severally liable hereon with the person who signs the form. A Hirer cannot sub-hire the Hall to another person/organisation. The Bookings Officer reserves the right to refuse any application for hire of the Hall without stating a reason.
2. Hire and Hire charges - Will be as agreed by the the Bookings Officer and as amended from time to time. In the event of the cancellation within less than one month of the booked date, any deposit money paid will be refunded only if the Hall can be re-booked. The hire of the Hall does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any time other than the specific hours for which the Hall has been hired, except to inspect the premises before an event by prior arrangement with the Bookings Officer.
3. Alcohol Licence - The Warren Centre is licensed for a number of activities and the conditions associated with the Premises Licence are displayed in the foyer. No alcohol can be sold or consumed on the Warren Centre premises unless permission is obtained from the Bookings Officer. No event can be advertised stating the availability of alcoholic drinks, whether free or not, without prior permission of the Bookings Officer. There is a separate form and charge for permission to serve or consume alcohol.
4. Licence for music - It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure any license needed is obtained. A license may be obtained from www.ppluk.com. (the current fee for a one-off event is £12.90).
5. Damage - The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the fabric of the Warren Centre and any furniture and equipment contained therein. The Hirer will be required to pay for making good any damage or loss. Prior damage to equipment and/or malfunctioning of equipment etc. must be brought to the attention of the Bookings Officer immediately. The Management Committee is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal or other property brought to the Hall during the hire period.
6. Insurance - The Hall has Public Liability cover for individuals and/or groups hiring the Hall for private functions who have no public liability cover of their own. The cover is only provided for non-commercial activities, which are for the benefit of the local community. Any business hirer should arrange their own insurance.
7. Capacity - The maximum number of people allowed at any event in the Hall (including performers and/or helpers) must not exceed the maximum number as stated in the venue description.
8. Notices, Decorations and Equipment - No Hirer shall affix any fixtures or fittings to any part of the Hall. Notices may be displayed, but only using blue/white tack. The hirer shall ensure that any electric appliances brought into the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order and used in a safe manner in accordance with the current electricity at work regulations. by signing the booking form you agree to , including leaving rooms used clean and tidy Pay to: account no. 65800766 sort code 08-92-99 (please email info@thewarrencentre.- co.uk to notify Mary that the payment has been made, Thank-you) or cheques to The Warren Centre The Warren Centre at Micheldever Station.
9. Health and Hygiene - Hirers intending to serve food or drink shall observe all relevant food health and hygiene regulations. In particular, dairy products and meat must be refrigerated and stored in compliance with the Food Temperature Regulations.
10. Prevention of Public Nuisance - The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night. If using sound amplification equipment the Hirer shall take care to limit the volume to reasonable levels, so as not to disturb local residents.
11. Safety - It is the responsibility of the Hirer to familiarise themselves with the position of the fire extinguishers and fire doors. All fire exits should remain unlocked and free of obstruction and no fire doors shall be wedged open. No highly flammable substances may be brought into the premises. No internal decorations of a combustible nature shall be erected . No decorations are to be put up near light fittings or heaters. There are First Aid boxes in the kitchen and in the foyer. Details of any accidents should be noted in log book in the foyer along with details of any material(s) used from the First Aid supplies. In the event of a fire of any kind, the fire brigade MUST be called by phoning emergency services.
12. No Smoking. The Hirer shall ensure that any person who breaches this regulation will be asked to leave the Hall.
13. THERE IS NO PHONE ON THE PREMISES. It is a condition that hirers have a mobile phone available for their event.
14. Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults - The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that all checks have been done to be compliant with the relevant legislation.
15. Stored Equipment - Any property or equipment stored at The Warren Centre or outbuildings shall be left entirely at the owners risk. No liability for loss or damage can be accepted. Please ask about storage charges. Any items not covered by a storage agreement may be removed and disposed of.
16. The Hirer shall leave the Hall in a clean and orderly state. All rubbish should be placed in refuse sacks (available in the kitchen) and removed from the site. Kitchen equipment, if used, must be left clean. The room should be left as it is found, including chairs and tables. Hirers must provide their own tea towels if required. The Bookings Officer reserves the right to impose extra charges if lights are left on or water is left running. Any failure of equipment belonging to The Warren Centre must be reported to the Bookings Officer and recorded in the log book in the foyer.
Terms and Conditions of Hire Version 17091